Thursday 17 October 2013

dark vortex

darkness

swirling vortex
everything blurs
grays, blacks and odd white patches
distorted faces with hanging mouths
lifeless eyes and turning necks
crushes my head
i try to run but cant see the way
head crushing
neck crunching

close my eyes
deny entry
wish to cry but can't find the energy
I'm not afraid for fear is a luxury here
i am lost
i am non-existent

put me in my cell
lock the doors, bar the windows
i will only disappoint you again and again
for i am a failure
it is written in my name

I am alone
searching is my game
a fool playing a foolish game

but who is the fool?
I meet her dead on
her majestic eyes are filled with depth
we look at each other
mirror images
she puts out her hand
my crushing head rushes through my ears
my stomach lurches
but I calmly grab her hand

music blasts and we are dancing now
running through a path in the vortex
I see dark purples and blues now
shes is beautiful
she guides me through

clenching jaw still tight
my brows and neck ache
she turns around on the path
puts her hand up to my head
In a different language she sings
feel the pain
welcome it as a friend
for this is only temporary
have you forgotten again?

I go on
dancing and weaving
the fog begins to rise
dissipating from the corners of my eyes
the crushing is gone
I start to hunger for life

memories of greatness
counting my blessings
how much I am given
How much I am

We slow to a walk
I look around
The storm is over
I don't know when

No comments:

Post a Comment