Thursday 16 January 2014

Tipsy-Topsy people

Those people in life,
you presume are stable.
The people you strive to be like.
The people who "awe" you.
They amaze you and inspire you.
You feel that spark alive inside.

The little dance that goes on in your stomach,
the way your ribs reach up and forward,
and you pounce forward with excitement and something else, hiding.
Like you had forgotten it,
but you remember it now.
Utterly familiar.

Those people that are once thought to be so stable, so up on top, pedestal Queens and Kings,
It turns out, they are not so stable
Why, they are quite tipsy.

They turn over themselves,
they cave in and lash out.
They strike, they bowl you over,
and then they tell you they love you.
They apologize with tears in their eyes.
These tipsy-topsy people,
Break my heart every time.


People I surround myself with.
We are unstable. Ready to react, Combust.
I suppose we are making a dance of it
As we curve oddly,
withering in our pain
and floating in our light
but where is stable ground in a place like this?

Im sick.
My stomach is ready to come up out of my mouth
My head wants something hard to rest on.
Something, somewhere
study and sound.

Something that escapes time
something that holds still
quiet
something that won't let you down
it won't die off on you.
Someone you can trust.

I know where it is,
I know how to get there,
but somehow
my tipsy-topsy body
feels planted in the ground.





No comments:

Post a Comment